It is important to understand that SEO is only the beginning of your Company’s overall online marketing strategy. Organic Search Engine Optimization is not ‘one size fits all’, it needs to be tailored to your specific industry and needs. And It is also necessary to understand that just because your site is optimized for all SEO guidelines, it doesn’t mean it will attract visitors. And Once visitors enter your website, it doesn’t mean you will get conversions (sales or leads).
There has been a significant change to the way Google lists your site in a feature they call “Google Places.” They are business listings that will show up in organic search engine results (see below for an example). There are special SEO tactics that need to be employed to make sure that not only does your site show up in Google organic rankings, but also Google Places.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT SEO SERVICES
How will the SEO Company find and target the keywords that are profitable for your business?
Research is an important element to SEO success. If they don’t have a research program, your project likely will not be successful. It is very important for you to understand how your SEO company planning your project.
Will the SEO program include an analysis of your site’s design and structure, navigation, coding, content and incoming links?
A good SEO firm will be able to provide you with recommendations on improving other areas of your site that either affects search engine placement or the site visitor’s experience (graphical design). Site design (layout and graphics) has no bearing on proper search engine optimization, but site coding, content, and incoming/outgoing links do.
Will they also analyze your competitors’ sites to determine what sites in your industry are performing well and why?
If there is no competitive analysis, then how will they know how to target your competitors online? A website should be part of your overall business strategy. It is necessary for any SEO company to understand the difference between online and offline competitors. So that it will be easy for them to target.
Will the SEO firm be writing your content or will they work with existing content?
If the firm does not have someone who specializes in SEO copy-writing, look elsewhere.
Does the SEO Company have a specific link building strategy for your site and the ability to promote your website through content on appropriate third-party websites (i.e., article directories, blogs, video, images, guest posting, press releases )?
This should be a given. If they do not have a backlink strategy, then they won’t be any good. They also need to learn how to employ white hat search engine optimization techniques and NOT black hat search engine techniques that could get you banned by Google.
Ask prospective SEO firms to scope out how they would optimize your site. What on-page and off-page tactics will they be using? The reality is they can’t know this until they have done the proper analysis. If they have a detailed plan before they have strategized with you and conducted their research, then there is a reasonable likelihood they won’t target the right keywords. The company needs to understand your business before a keyword discussion can even begin. The most appropriate answer to this question is that this plan is built after the initial strategy session.
THINGS TO ASK YOUR SEO COMPANY:
- Ask for references, and check them
- Ask for samples of successful results in the major search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo)
- Ask bidding SEO firms how long they have been in business, which will be working on your project and what type of Internet marketing experience they have
- How many pages are they going to optimise for the mentioned quote?
- How will your site be monitored and maintained over time, and what reports will you receive to measure your progress? Remember, SEO is not a one-time event!
- What is the Google Places strategy? Google Places optimization is a very different process. If they don’t have a strategy for this in place, then they will miss a key component to your organic ranking strategy. This cannot be automatic or “tricked” into success. It requires work.
- What strategies beyond SEO does the firm engage in? What offerings to they have in traffic generation or conversion rate optimization?
COMMON MISTAKES WHEN CHOOSING AN SEO COMPANY:
- Going with the SEO vendor that promises a No. 1 position or first-page placement.
- Participating in offers promising to submit your site to the search engines.
- Selecting an SEO firm that offers you a quick fix — just adding meta tags, with no adjustments to content or external inbound links. Developing your site in frames, which frequently creates problems for search engines trying to index your site.
- Developing your site entirely in Flash. Flash on a site exists as an image. Search engines can’t read text from an image.
- Using hidden links or text to try to boost your keyword density or link relevancy (search engines call this spam).
- Engaging in questionable linking schemes that generate reciprocal links with sites that have no relation to your business or industry.
- Buying scads of paid links from sites, you know nothing about. Search Engines won’t trust all the websites and they won’t give ranks to all websites that have backlinks. Stick with those.
- Setting unrealistic expectations. Search engine optimization doesn’t deliver results on a deadline.
- Changing content on a strong-performing optimized page without consulting your SEO firm